This week’s Top Ten Tuesday revolves around worlds that we would NEVER want to live in, or characters you’d never want to trade places with. Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Here are my picks:
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This is probably the first one to pop into most people’s minds since the movie franchise is so big right now. I’d never want to have to deal with the reapings and worry each year about being chosen or see my friends and family get chosen.
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer – This world felt like something that could potentially happen one day and it’s frightening.
- Feed by M.T. Anderson – Another one that feels really possible one day. I don’t like the idea of having information fed directly into my brain and how reliant everyone was on that.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver – Love considered a disease? No thanks!
- Matched by Ally Condie – I don’t want to live in a world where marriages are arranged either.
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan – I’d rather have my world free of zombies, thank you.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – Let’s just say that in general, I don’t want to live in a dystopian world. I wouldn’t want to have to leave my family and join a faction.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – I also don’t want to live in a world with bad witches trying to destroy everything.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – I’ve never read Twilight. Or seen the movies. But I know enough to know that I don’t care at all for vampires or werewolves, so no, I’d never want to live in this world.
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce – Werewolves again. Nope. Not happening.
What worlds would you never want to live in?